Wallpaper - Don't Miss Out!
When suggesting wallpaper to our clients, initially we get a high percentage of “no way” responses. But then we show our clients what is new in wallpaper and the story changes…
As the painted faux finish trend has faded out, the replacement is an updated old favorite – wallpaper. If you’ve ever picked and scraped, piece by piece to remove wallpaper in a home you’ll be happy to hear that today’s papers are easier to apply (and remove) than days past. There are even temporary wallcovering products solely intended for interim stops on the way to your forever home.
Watch our video for tips on selecting timeless wallcoverings – even check out a powder room with eighteen-year-old wallpaper that looks like it was installed today!
6 tips to keep in mind when selecting wallpaper:
- Don’t think you have to wallpaper the entire room. Great texture paper on an accent wall can be a beautiful focal point.
2. Look for unique spots to add a little pizzazz. Don’t rule out ceilings, the backs of bookcases or tucked away areas like this mudroom/desk area.
3. Choose a paper that works with your fixed finishes for longevity.
4. Use restraint with patterns – remember they will intensify on multiple walls. But, if you love the pattern, go for it!
5. Don’t distract us from the focal point of the room – Choose a wallpaper that supports the color palette of your room.
6. Last tip – and most important – let a professional install it to ensure good pattern match and seams!
Need a great installer in the Chicagoland area? – Meet our installer, Steven Kaye of Papercraft Interiors: